America today, there is a massive skills gap in traditional and advanced manufacturing. Millions of good jobs are going unfilled due to a lack of fundamentally skilled people. There are also thousands of young adult “makers” looking for alternatives to college. A truly effective solution has not existed…until today.
Vocademy is proud to announce the Maker Skills Academy: A one-of-a-kind, hands-on skills training program that only takes six months to complete! This intensive program covers many of the vocational, career, and soft skills that are no longer taught in our schools. The Maker Skills Academy (MSA) is the ideal way to make a resume stand out, plus it is open to EVERYONE over the age of 16; with no prerequisites, transcripts, or GPA requirements.
This is the real-world skills program that parents, students, and employers have been asking for!
This truly unique Gap Year type program addresses the needs of thousands of employers by including over ninety fundamentals classes in a breadth of hands-on subjects, such as:
- 3D Printing. Computer Aided Design. Laser Cutting and Engraving.
- Sewing and Textiles. Plastics and Composites. Costume, Prop, and Model Making.
- Electronics, Circuits and Components. Hardware Programming.
- Robotics and Automation. Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
- Welding and Fabrication. Wood Working. Machine Shop & CNC.
- Hand Tools, Power Tools. Support Equipment.
- Life Skills, Career Soft Skills, Entrepreneurship, and more!
Small teams of only eight to ten students collaborate in an intimate learning environment. MSA is the perfect way to prepare for careers in advanced manufacturing and engineering, including much needed life and soft skills.
Unlike any other training programs or schools, MSA students will also have the opportunity to use Vocademy’s Maker Labs every evening from 5pm to 10pm. Students can use our world class prototyping facility to practice their skills, collaborate, create amazing resumes, and build capstone projects.
Perfect for those looking for:
- a unique alternative to college, with real job and life skills
- an ideal learning program to explore a multitude of maker skills
- an effective pre-engineering program before entering university
- an intensive course in maker skills for entrepreneurs or inventors
- a set of job skills that will make their STEM or maker careers future-proof
For more information: MAKER SKILLS ACADEMY PAGE