Tips to Be More Hireable & Productive
by Stephanie Valeres
Within the field of manufacturing, you may be under the impression that technical skills alone are needed. However, if that were the case, potential job applicants would be sorely misadvised. Having the technical skills to complete tasks on the job are important but they must also be supported by soft skills as well.
Soft skills, according to the Oxford Dictionary, are known as, “personal attributes that enable someone to interact effectively and harmoniously with other people.” These skills, while seemingly apparent, may not inherently be instilled in every person but when properly developed these skills can take your job readiness to the next level.
Some of the traits manufacturers who are hiring within the Inland Empire directly shared with Vocademy include:
- The ability to learn quickly
- Can follow verbal/written directions
- Clear communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Works well in a team
Each bullet point is a skill that is valuable especially when working within manufacturing where turnover costs impact productivity and can directly impact company growth. With the right team, a manufacturer or any business can succeed with rapid progression.
Not sure what to do next?
- Take a Soft Skills quiz to find out if you have the work-readiness skills to match your technical skills before applying for positions.
- If you require technical skills to get hired contact Vocademy! We teach a variety of fundamental advanced manufacturing subjects, including; machining, prototyping, welding, and woodworking.
Schedule a tour of our 15,000sq foot facility by contacting us at 951-266-6630.